Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Sumo velocity stack

Find the right velocity stacks isn't always easy, and play with the lenght and the size to achieve the right balance could be expansive. But I still want to play a little with the "character" of the bike and try to claw back some low and middle torque. 
So I start fabricating a first set of custom made ones...


 The difficult part is to find the right "cooking" temperature and time for the alloy hose. I ended up heating more one half  to make it flexible and keep stronger the other one (this explain the arrow).
Then squeez it on the mandrel with a lot of grease.



After some cleaning and buffing:



From 32 to 60mm, I think this is the max diameter before the metal starts to crack, but I'll try something longer.
A quick comparison with the original ones


These are some of the deads...I'll keep them to serve as warning for the future ones...


No comments:

Post a Comment